The gift aid scheme is run by the government to enable charities to reclaim tax already paid by the taxpayer. For every £10 given we can claim £2.50 back from the government.
- You must be a UK taxpayer, and pay sufficient income tax or Capital Gains Tax. If you have only paid £100 in tax in any tax year we cannot claim £200. The onus is on the taxpayer to check this. You will be liable to refund the revenue if too much tax is claimed. You should also consider other charities you give to.
- Higher rate tax payers can even elect with the revenue for the church to receive the difference between the basic and higher rate.
- This only applies to you and not another tax payer (e.g. spouse)
- If you cease to pay tax you must inform the Gift Aid secretary straight away
- Any data held for Gift Aid purposes will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
If you wish to Gift Aid your donation or would like more information please contact the Parish Office.